A perfect place for people concerned about their Health and Fitness. You will get tips about making yourself Healthier, Weight Loss, Physical Fitness, Exercising and Aerobics. You will come to know about Nutricious Food and Fitness programs to keep you in perfect shape.

U may know by now that John Hopkins Cancer Centre has set up its first centre outside USA in Singapore. Hope u could let your friends know about the danger of buying take away in plastic containers!!!

Cancer News from Johns Hopkins:

No plastic containers in microwave. No water bottles in freezer.No plastic wrap in micro.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.Dioxin chemicals causes cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins arehighly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plasticbottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program manager at CastleHospital, was on a TV program to explain this heal the hazard. He talkedabout dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not beheating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This appliesto food that contains fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat,and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cellsof the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, Corning Ware, or ceramiccontainers for heating food. You get the same results, only without thedioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc.,should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paperisn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to usetempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some ofthe fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper.

The dioxin problem is one of the reasons. Also, he pointed out that Saranwrap is just as dangerous when placed over food to be cooked in themicrowave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins toactually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover foodwith a paper towel instead.

This is an article I believe you should give your focus for your family and friends...... anyone who is important in you!