Mixed-Bag of Articles of every type. Go through this section and you will have the world to Explore.
ImageCarlos Slim Helu

"I still have my laptop but I haven't used it. I'm a paper man, not electronic," Carlos Slim

Mexican billionaire and chairman and chief executive officer of Telmex, Telcel and America Movil, Carlos Slim, has a great business acumen says Time, listing him as one of the most influential businessmen. Slim rules the telecommunications industry in Mexico.

He is the world's second-richest man, richer than Bill Gates, with an asset value of $60 billion. Riding high on the performance of the wireless telephone company, America Movil, Carlos Slim is a focused and ambitious businessman. Son of a Lebanese immigrant, Slim made his first fortune in 1990 when he bought fixed line operator Telefonos de Mexico (Telmex). In Mexico, TelMex controls more than 90 per cent of the telephone connections.

America Movil wireless service operates in 16 countries, offering services to more than 137 million customers. America Movil is the fifth largest cellular operator in the world by number of subscribers. He also has businesses in various industrial, real estate and commercial fields.

Carlos Slim studied civil engineering at the National Autonomous University of Mexico School of Engineering, where he also taught algebra and linear programming.

A baseball fan and an art collector, he is also interested in literature. He recently contributed to $7 billion worth of cash and stock to fund education and health projects, and to revamp Mexico City's historical district.
ADVERTISEMENT