Our beverages section contains an assortment of hot and cold non-alcoholic beverages. These beverage recipes are easy to prepare and are apt for all the occasions.
Mango mastani recipe -- Mango Milkshake with icecream
Mastani is a famous dessert drink available in Pune (a place in Maharashtra popular for its historical significance, even the drink seems to be inspired from the history). Even living for many years in Pune, I have not tasted the drink. But then I got to taste in a small restaurant at Aurangabad. It was a dry fruit flavor one. It was quite filling when we had it as soon as we came back from work. It was quite filling that we even skipped our dinner that day.

There are many flavours available especially in Pune and we do not have many choices in Aurangabad ( am not sure now, but this was a couple of years ago.)

I was reminded about this drink recently and I decided to make the mango flavoured one.

Ingredients- (Serves 3)

• Mango pulp- 2 cups
  • Vanilla icecream- 3 scoops
  • Milk-2 cups
  • Cashewnut-4-5 broken
  • Almonds-4-5 broken
  • Glaced cherries - 3-4 cut into bits

Method-
Blend together the mango pulp, milk and icecream in a blender to a thick shake.
Pour into serving glasses.

Add a scoop of vanilla icecream into the shake.
Sprinkle the nuts and glaced cherries on the top.
Serve immediately.

Notes-
Use mango icecream instead of vanilla.
You can even sprinkle tutti fruitti also.
Also add tiny bits of mango into the drink. I totally forgot about it.
While making the milkshake, you can just use chilled milk and avoid icecream.(Add sugar if you dont add icecream)
Add sugar if you want it more sweeter.
You can also use fresh juicy mangoes instead of pulp. You will need one or two medium to big sized alphonso for this.

One last look now
ADVERTISEMENT