Not a Member of the Group or missed reading some mails? In this section you'll find mails that have been approved on Fropky Group
by Saurabh 19 May 2011, 02:09
From bright orange jets of lava darting into the night sky like a firework, to fellow madcap photographers standing just feet away from molten streams raining from the skies, these photos show a different side to the destruction.

Mr Skarphedinn, 39, said: 'It's the most amazing thing I've ever experienced in my life.

'It's hard to describe the feeling you get when you're standing in front of an erupting volcano - all the heat, the noise, the smell and the lightning strikes.

'You feel very small and powerless in front of a volcano. And going back to normal landscape photography is just boring after it.

'It's incredibly dangerous though and sometimes I have to walk across the new lava so could easily get burned.

'It was also dangerous to be in the area around Eyjafjallajokull in Iceland where I took a lot of my pictures last year because the lightning was striking through the ash cloud.'

Majestic Volcanoes Up Close
Lightening: A black swan is depicted in the clouds - and behind are the purple veins of a thunderstorm

Majestic Volcanoes Up Close
Spooky: This eerie image shows a man coming towards the camera - or is he heading closer to the volcano?
ADVERTISEMENT