by Rahul 13 Sep 2006, 18:01 ADVERTISEMENT
* 150 ml Milk
* 50 gm Sugar
* 1 tbsp Rose Water
* 2 tbsp ground Rice
* 450 ml Double cream
* 1 tbsp ground Almonds
* 450 ml Evaporated milk
* 1 tsp ground Cardamom
* 25 gms shelled, Pistachio, lightly crushed
1. Heat the milk until it is lukewarm.
2. Put the ground rice and ground almonds into a small bowl and gradually add the warm milk, a little at a time, and make a thin paste of pouring consistency. Stir continuously and break up any lumps.
3. Heat evaporated milk to boiling point and add the ground cardamon.
4. Take the pan off the heat and gradually add the almond mixture, stirring continuously.
5. Add the sugar and cream and place the pan over medium heat, cook the mixture for 12-15 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
6. Add the rose water flavouring and half of the pistachio nuts, stir and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool completely, stirring frequently to prevent a skin from forming on the surface.
7. Put it into a plastic ice cream box or individual moulds.
8. Top with the remaining pistachio nuts and place in the freezer or in the ice-making compartment of a refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
Tip: Always chill glasses before preparing the icecream in it. This way it will stay stiff longer.
Showing Page 1 of 1